Core Support Facilities
The University of Cincinnati College of Medicine has invested substantial resources in providing basic and clinical scientists with state-of-the-art facilities to conduct high impact, novel research. You will find more than a dozen core facilities on campus dedicated to providing on-site training and access to the latest equipment, techniques, and unique resources.
- Bio-Safety Level 3 Facility - suitable for pathogenic viral and microbial work
- Center for Biological Microscopy - high-resolution confocal, widefield, and time-lapse microscopy
- Clinical Studies Patient Recruitment - support for patient recruitment across the entire Academic Health Center
- FACScalibur/Flow Cytometry Core - state-of-the-art cytometric analysis
- Genomics, Epigenomics and Sequencing Core (GESC) - nucleic acid isolation, RNA-seq, methyl capture-seq, etc.
- Inhalation Core Facility - controlled exposure system to study smoke inhalation
- Live Microscopy Core - confocal laser scanning and laser capture microdissection
- Mouse Metabolic Phenotyping Center - metabolic and physiologic phenotyping for diabetes and obesity
- Proteomics and Mass Spectometry Laboratory - proteomic and biological mass spectometry
- Center for Clinical and Translational Science Training - biostatistics, bioinformatics, access to health record databases
- Vontz Core Image Laboratory - high-res clinical and research imaging facility
- 4T MRI Service Center - in vivo human anatomy and physiology (fMRI, EEG)
- 9.4T Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Imaging Facility - NMR and MRI imaging
- University of Cincinnati Cancer Institute Tumor Bank - human biospecimens for clinical and translational research
- Laboratory Medical Animals Services - veterinary care, colony maintenance, surgical and behavioral suites for several species of laboratory animals
In addition the the Core Facilities operated by the College of Medicine, the world-class Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center located immediately adjacent to the College of Medicine operates several Core Facilities with shared access privileges to University of Cincinnati researchers.
If you can think of it, we can do it here.