How to Apply
We are now accepting applications for the 2020 entering cohort. The application deadline is December 7, 2019.
To apply to the Neuroscience Graduate Program go to http://grad.uc.edu/admissions.html and complete the University of Cincinnati application form. Select the program titled "Neuroscience/Medical Science Scholars Interdisciplinary." There is a $65 application fee for US applicants and $70 for international applicants.
Your application should include the following:
- A Curriculum Vitae that contains your education, including your major and future degree.
- A letter describing your scientific interests and previous research experience.
- Transcripts for undergraduate and graduate studies (if applicable). Unofficial transcripts are acceptable, but you will be asked to provide official transcripts if you are admitted. Discrepancies are grounds for rescinding an admission offer or dismissal from the program.
- At least three letters of recommendation from former professors, research mentors, and/or others who can attest to your scientific aptitude and research potential. The UC online application site will explain how your letters of recommendation can be uploaded.
- International applicants who graduated from a university where the primary language is not English must arrange for TOEFL/IELTS scores to be sent directly to UC. International transcripts not in English must be sent with a certified translation.
We do not require GRE scores as part of the application.
The UC online application site offers the option to record a video statement. The Neuroscience Graduate Program does not require a video statement and will not view it.
Ideally, admitted students should plan to begin the program on July 1 and, therefore, should apply for summer admission. However, we understand that this may not be feasible for some students. Those who cannot begin the program until August should apply for fall admission. This has no effect on the application review process.
Note: The applicant is responsible for ensuring the application is submitted, with the fee paid, by the deadline. Incomplete or late applications cannot be considered. If letters of recommendation and TOEFL/IELTS scores (if applicable) are uploaded after the deadline, they will be attached to the application as soon as possible. You may check your application status here.