About the Program
On behalf of the faculty and staff of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at the University of Cincinnati, I would like to thank you for your interest in our residency training program. I hope that you will take a few minutes to read about our program and understand why we are so proud of it.
The following is a list of why I hope you will consider continuing your medical education at the University of Cincinnati:
- A diverse clinical exposure, both in terms of disease process and socio-economic background
- Close daily contact between residents and faculty
- Close proximity of training sites
- Strong social network of residents and a supportive family-like atmosphere
- A resident continuity clinic where residents can follow and manage their own patients
- Three months of electives, which allows the residents to develop enhanced expertise in the areas of PM&R that are of most interest to them
- A strong didactic component with a new emphasis on integrating clinical and basic neurosciences
- Front-loaded call system with no in house call after the first year
- A preliminary year in internal medicine at the University of Cincinnati with 6 months of rehabilitation related electives and limited in house call
The PMR Division
- Faculty with a wide range of professional interests and expertise who enjoy mentoring and teaching residents
- Active participation in The Neuroscience Institute, encompassing first-class clinical facilities, internationally renowned physicians and scientists with expertise in all neuroscience specialties and nationally recognized education and research programs
- The largest Division of Pediatric Rehabilitation and Pediatric Rehabilitation training program in the nation
- An active research program in both adult and pediatric rehabilitation with nearly 10 million dollars in external research funding.
If you are seeking a program with a Director, Program Director, and faculty sincerely interested in the welfare and education of its trainees and a program that combines academic excellence with a supportive and collegial environment then The University of Cincinnati PM&R may be the program for you! I would urge you to schedule an interview and come meet our residents and faculty and see for yourself why we are so proud of our program.
Please feel free to contact me at email@example.com if you have any questions about our program.
With warm regards,
Lester Duplechan, M.D.
Residency Program Director
University of Cincinnati, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
For more information see: University of Cincinnati Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Medicine residents!
How to Apply
Contract, Benefits & Stipends
Life in Cincinnati