Transferring to the UC College of Medicine
The University of Cincinnati College of Medicine will not be accepting transfer applications for the 2016 year.
Transfer applications to the UC College of Medicine are only accepted into the third year of the College of Medicine curriculum.
The number of acceptances offered is based upon space availability in the Year III class. The University of Cincinnati College of Medicine will not be accepting transfer applications for the 2016 year. If seats become available for future classes, updates will appear on this webpage in the spring of each year (next potential openings: check back in February 2017). Please check back each spring if you remain interested in transferring into the UC College of Medicine.
In order to be considered for transfer to the UC College of Medicine, applicants must:
- Currently be enrolled in a U.S. allopathic medical school accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME).
- Be in good standing at their current medical school.
- Have completed and passed all coursework for the first and second years of medical school (including a physical diagnosis/clinical component).
- Request transfer into the third year only.
- Have a passing score on the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) Step I or be scheduled to take the exam prior to the start of classes (mid-June).
Preference is given to Ohio residents and students who have a compassionate reason to relocate to Cincinnati. The college strongly values exposure to biostatistics as it relates to critical assessment of scientific journals.
Q: If I am accepted as a transfer student to the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, how will my Year III clerkships be scheduled?
- Year III Clerkships of transfer students are scheduled individually with the Registrar (after acceptance) as part of the Orientation process.
Q: What can I expect after being accepted to the transfer program?
- An official orientation is scheduled with each transfer student. This orientation includes a variety of scheduling and logistical meetings and is scheduled to occur no later than the Friday preceding the first day of Year III classes.
Q: If I attend a non-US medical school, can I apply for transfer to the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine?
- The University of Cincinnati College of Medicine only accepts transfers from students enrolled in U.S. allopathic medical schools that are accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME). We do not consider applicants whose medical schools are "recognized" by LCME or who are outside of the U.S.; applicants must attend a U.S. allopathic medical school and accredited by the LCME.
Q: If I am selected to interview, when would my interviews occur?
- Transfer interviews are conducted in early May.
Q: If I am accepted, when would I begin classes?
- Classes begin in late June (June 19, 2017) during the Year III intersession.