We are excited about a number of projects that have been recently launched. Here is a brief overview of these initiatives.
- Our Associate Program Director, Dr. Jennifer O'Toole, is the local PI for the national study in resident handoff research in pediatrics.
- We have recently been awarded the Patient Centered Medical Home Level III designation as an indicator of the commitment to team based patient care in med-peds clinic. There are many quality improvement initiatives the residents are involved with there under the mentorship of Dr. Tolentino who runs our QI education.
- We continue to help build more med-peds practices in town, and to assist in their growth.
- We have expanded our geriatrics experience in both the in and outpatient settings.
- We are constantly looking for ways to improve, make the training experience for residents more enriching!
- We are utilizing the experiences from our On-line Master's in Education courses and our campus of educators to build new training methods. These will include adult learning and teaching theory in workshops, some simulated and standardized patient experiences.
While some of this may seem ambitious, we are looking forward to forging new horizons!