Welcome From the Chief Residents
Welcome to University of Cincinnati's Internal Medicine Residency program! Thank you so much for taking the time to explore what our program has to offer. Each of us chose to train here for unique reasons, but what we have found in common is a dedication to education, improvement, and high quality patient-centered medical care. We pride ourselves in being an innovative and supportive program that trains residents to excel, both now and in the future. The list of valuable and unique aspects of the program is endless, but to include a few:
- A renowned board review course led by faculty experienced in writing board questions
- Three Learning Pathways to develop focused skills in patient care and career development: Master Teacher Program, Research Track, and Vulnerable Population Pathway
- Post-residency Educational Fellowship for those interested in academic careers
- A collaborative effort to design a unique educational curriculum with testing for learning
- Patient-centered rounding that places the patient at the center of healthcare delivery
- A resident clinic that has received national recognition and is designated a level III Patient Centered Medical Home
- Ongoing opportunities to become involved with quality improvement and patient safety
- A new multifactorial interdisciplinary evaluation system that has received nationwide recognition
- Leadership in the Educational Innovations Project (EIP) of the ACGME
- Long Block: twelve months of dedicated flexible time for residents to tailor their training to specific interests and career goals
University of Cincinnati Medical Center was one of the first hospitals established for teaching and is still considered as one of the top teaching hospitals in the country. We are a referral center for the region, attracting top-notch subspecialty care with cutting edge research, all the while serving the basic and routine health needs of diverse patient populations in and around Cincinnati. This combination creates a wonderful variety of experiences for learning and training. However, the best part of University of Cincinnati Internal Medicine Residency program is, without a doubt, the people. It is rare to find such a large academic institution where the program leadership prides itself in knowing every resident individually and is fully invested in their development, both personal and professional. This attitude is infectious throughout our program and year after year it leads to a group of talented, unique residents who look out for one another and operate in a team-based approach to medicine.
We love our jobs and are excited to be serving as the chief residents for the 2016-2017 academic year. Thank you for visiting our website! We are very proud of our training program and would be more than happy to meet with you or answer any of your questions.
Thomas, Ashley, Caitlin, Nabeela, Danielle, and Owen