How to Apply
Who should apply?
The Medical Education Fellowship in General Internal Medicine offers a two-year fellowship, including a Master of Education for Health Professionals (MEd) through the University of Cincinnati College of Education. The program is focused on educational scholarship, offering structured learning experiences in clinical teaching and development of leadership skills. Fellows will have 50% protected time dedicated to education with their remaining time focused on clinical responsibilities. This program is open to both clinical fellows and faculty members.
When should I apply?
Applications are accepted through October to begin the fellowship in July. Please include the following in your application:
• Curriculum Vitae
• Letter from Residency or Fellowship Program Director
• 2 Letters of Reference from Faculty
• In addition, please email a one page letter of interest to Dr. Jennifer O’Toole at Jennifer.Otoole@cchmc.org
What are the interview dates?
After review of the applications, including letters of recommendation, candidates will be invited to interview. The interviews will be held in October and November.
Do you accept international graduates?
We offer both the J1 and the H1B visas. Visas are considered on a case by case basis.
Who should I contact for more information?
• Program Questions -. Jennifer O’Toole, MD, at Jennifer.Otoole@cchmc.org
• Application Questions - Liz Bauke at Elizabeth.Bauke@uc.edu or call 513-558-2590
We will promptly respond to all inquiries.