Areas of Focus and Expertise
The Division of Cardiovascular Health and Disease, including its leadership, clinicians, scientists, and staff collectively represent many years of education, training, patient care and research that are the foundation of optimal patient care and scientific advances.
We also understand and assist our patients and their families with navigating the challenges of health care plans, costs and payers.
Each of our faculty are academically trained and American Board of Internal Medicine subspecialty certified cardiologists and vascular specialists who employ the most advanced techniques and evidence-based therapies to diagnose and effectively treat common and rare diseases and conditions affecting the heart, lungs and circulatory system.
Faculty members and staff have advanced training and expertise in:
- Heart Wellness, Rehabilitation and Recovery
- General Cardiology
- Heart Rhythm and Conduction Abnormalities
- Sudden Cardiac Death(inherited or acquired)
- Valvular Heart Disease
- Pericardial Disease
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Advanced Imaging - Cardiac MRI
- Coronary CT
- Nuclear Cardiology
- Cardiac PET Scanning
- Advanced Heart Failure Therapies
- (including mechanical assist devices and transplantation)
- Blood Clotting Abnormalities (inherited or acquired)
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease
- Heart Disease Following Chemotherapy or Radiation treatment
- Blood Lipid Abnormalities
- Autoimmune Disease – related heart conditions
- Cardiac Resynchronization
- Critical Care Cardiology
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Diabetes–related heart conditions
- Obesity–related heart conditions
- Stress-induced heart disease
- Trauma-related heart conditions
The Division of Cardiovascular Health and Disease provides hospital-based Cardiology Services at University Hospital, UC Health West Chester Hospital and the Cincinnati Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) Medical Center.