Student Wellness Retreats @ Turner Farm
Student Wellness Retreats are inter-professional, experiential learning opportunities open to all Academic Health Center students. Retreats take place at Turner Farm, an organic farm in Indian Hill.
Program Objective: To expose health professions students to concepts of mindful eating/living, food as medicine, wellness, and the concepts of the national Teaching Kitchen Collaborative, in partnership with a local organic farm.
- 5-hour retreat on Saturday at Turner Farm in Indian Hill
- Open to 16 health profession students
- Interprofessional, experiential learning with UC faculty/staff, Turner Farm board members and staff, and local chef
- Cost to attend is $10 which includes food and instruction
- Student Retreat Sample Agenda
Contact Kelly Lyle for additional information or to be placed on the wait-list for future retreats.
- April 1, 2017, 9:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Turner Farm - Retreat FULL
- April 15, 2017, 9:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Turner Farm- Retreat FULL
See slideshow below for images from the first Student Wellness Retreat in November 2016.