The Christ Hospital Salary Information 2014-2015
- First Year Resident:
- Second Year Resident:
- Third Year Resident:
- Transitional Bonus: $2,000 (for incoming first year Family Medicine residents)
- Technology Reimbursement provided to incoming residents
- Medical Insurance – for the housestaff member. Family coverage available
- Life Insurance – paid at a rate of two times annual base salary with the option to purchase supplemental insurance (dependent life, accidental death & dismemberment, LT disability, personal CA protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident, LT care plan).
- Dental Insurance – coverage available at a premium for the individual or for family. Can have Dental Care plus which includes vision services.
- Professional Liability Insurance - provided to the resident for activities within the scope of the assigned program, occurrence type.
- Retirement - each resident participates in Social Security. A resident may voluntarily contribute pre-tax dollars to a 403(b).
- Paid Time Off - 25 days.
- Specialty Board and Licensure Examination Leave - time is permitted for first-time sitting for ABMS or USMLE licensing exams with proper notice to program. Provides that resident is not on call the evening before his/her exam.
- Maternity Leave - complies with provisions of the Family Medical Leave Act.
- Educational Stipend - $500 is provided to R-1’s; $1,000 is provided to R2’s and $2,000 to R 3’s. This may be used to purchase subscriptions to journals or other medical periodicals, medical texts, or medical software. It may be used for attendance at approved CME conferences.
- Tuition Reimbursement – 100% reimbursement to $3,000 per calendar year for eligible course work associated with degree programs. Minimum “C” grade must be maintained for reimbursement; considered taxable income.
- Lab Coats – 2 white coats and 1 fleece are provided during PGY 1; 2 new coats of choice in PGY 2 and 3 (Fleece or White) .
- Free Parking – free parking is available in a covered garage.
Salary and benefits for Family Medicine/Psychiatry residents (commensurate with those offered to the Family Medicine residents) are detailed on the University of Cincinnati Medical Center’s Department of Graduate Medical Education website.
Both The Christ Hospital and University of Cincinnati Medical Center are tobacco-free employers.