The primary focus of the Center is in the followings areas:
- Fundamental and applied research on the sampling and analysis of airborne particles and microorganisms in ambient and indoor environments.
- Aerosol aspects of biodefense and counterterrorism research.
- Characterization of physical and biological aspects of bioaerosols: generation, airborne transport, microbial survival, collection, identification, and enumeration.
- Development and evaluation of aerosol and bioaerosol measurement devices, air purifying and respiratory protection techniques.
- Stationary and personal monitoring for biological and non-biological particulates (respirable, thoracic, and inhalable) in residential and occupational environments.
- Study of health effects of diesel exhaust particulate matter and aeroallergens.