College of Medicine Libraries
Donald C. Harrison Health Sciences Library
The Donald C. Harrison Health Sciences Library (HSL)
serves the University of Cincinnati Colleges of Medicine, Allied Health Sciences, Nursing and Pharmacy and UC Health University Hospital. The HSL provides the following services and resources:
- A state-of-the-art computer lab inside the library (90 computers).
- A 24/7 computer lab (22 computers) for medical students just down the hall from the HSL.
- Wireless access throughout the HSL.
- Collections of books and journals and access to electronic resources.
- 200,000 print volumes
- 140+ databases
- 12,000+ electronic journals
- 55,000+ electronic books
- Off-campus access to electronic resources.
- Reference and customized literature searching.
- Interlibrary loan and document delivery.
- Equipment checkout (laptops, data projectors, easels etc.).
- Training programs on library resources and office productivity tools.
- Study space.
Henry R. Winkler Center for the History of the Health Professions
The Winkler Center for the History of the Health Professions is one of the premier medical and health history centers in the United States. The Winkler Center is a medical archive, library and exhibit facility that encourages visitors and researchers to explore the Cincinnati area’s rich medical history and to discover the people who have contributed to important advances in medicine, nursing, and pharmaceutical sciences.
The Winkler Center began with the aggregation of the library collections of Dr. Daniel Drake (founder of the UC College of Medicine in 1819), and of UC faculty, area physicians, and medical researchers—people who had a vision of the importance of preserving medical history. These works form the core of the Winkler Center’s rare and classical works in the history of medicine.
The center's collection has grown considerably to encompass books, journals, archives, photographs, medical artifacts, and an oral history series devoted to the history of the health professions in Cincinnati and the history of medicine in general.
The University of Cincinnati has a total of 13 libraries available to all registered students. To learn more, visit uc.edu/libraries.