Campus Recreation Center
Medical students are keenly interested in maintaining their physical health and utilize the facilities available through the University of Cincinnati Campus Recreation Center. Students have the option of using the Campus Recreation Center on the university’s main campus or the Fitness Center at the CARE/Crawley Building, located right in the CARE/Crawley Building on the medical campus.
Medical student access to either facility is based on the College of Medicine’s academic calendar. During the academic year, access is free of charge from the Sunday before classes begin until the Saturday before the next term begins. Summer memberships can be purchased for $80 or $10 a week until classes begin in August.
Highlights of the Fitness Center at the CARE/Crawley Building on the medical campus include:
- 12,000 square feet of Fitness and Wellness Space
- Saunas for men and women
- 130 women’s lockers and 118 men’s lockers
- Warm-up/stretching area
- Multipurpose Room
- 36 cardiovascular machines
- Treadmills, recumbent and upright bikes, ellipticals
- Total Body Trainers, Concept II Rower
- Sci Fit upper body ergometer
- 21 strength training machines
- Cybex Eagle, Paramount Fitness Line/SP Circuit, Free Motion
- Plate-loaded machines and free weights
- Hammer Strength, Hammer Olympic bench press, Cybex seated calf
- Adjustable benches, 1,400+ pounds in dumbbells
- Kettlebells and medicine balls
For more information, including hours of operation, visit uc.edu/reccenter.