Information Technology Sub-Task Force
The ultimate goal of the Information Technology Integration Sub-Task Force is to identify existing technologies utilized and identify new technologies to the medical school curriculum that improve the effectiveness and efficiency of learning for medical students to become better physicians.
- Indentify uses and purpose of information technology in the current curriculum
- Become familiar with technology applications currently being utilized at other medical schools.
- Examine the current curriculum and identify opportunities for technology applications to supplement traditional curricular materials and which could explicitly replace classical curricular activities.
- Complete a simple educational benefit analysis of proposed new technologies, including basic cost of each application.
- Identify potential implementation strategies for integration of proposed technologies into the revised curriculum.
- Partner with the other sub-task forces to enhance revision of the current curriculum to meet the criteria outlined in the sub-task force charge.
|Information Technology Sub-Taskforce Committee Membership |
|Michael Awadalla ||MS II |
|John Campbell, MD ||Emergency Medicine |
|Anne Gunderson, EdD, GNP ||Associate Dean of Medical Education |
|Birsen Kaya, MBA ||Health Sciences Library Director |
|DJ Lowrie, PhD ||Co-Chair, Medical Education |
|Matt Maeder ||MS IV |
|David Pettigrew, MS, PhD ||Co-Chair, Medical Education |
|John Quinlan, MD ||Neurology |
|Josette Riep |
|UCIT-Application Dev |
|Bill Rush ||Management Specialist |
|Leslie Schick, MSLS ||Associate Dean, Library Services |
|Muhammad Taimur Shujaat ||MS IV |
|Vickie Symmes ||Program Manager |
|Richard Vogelsang |
|UCIT-Instructional & Research Computing |
|Michael Willing, MD ||Emergency Medicine |