Joint Strategic Planning Initiative
A work group of UC College of Medicine senior administrators and faculty in February 2011 completed a review and update of the College’s joint strategic plan. This plan was originally developed in 2006 and 2007 in collaboration with University of Cincinnati Physicians and University Hospital.
With the recent formation of UC Health, we anticipate that a robust joint strategic planning process will be put in place. We believe that cooperative planning is important in maintaining and enhancing our close relationships and is critical to our long-term growth and success.
Until then, this plan focuses our efforts and resources on the strategies that will fulfill our missions, retain the necessary resources and move us higher on the national lists of outstanding academic health centers and teaching hospitals.
Following are our joint mission and vision and the four primary categories in which the College’s updated goals fit.
Through collaboration and innovation, we will be the leader in improving the health of our local and global community.
Our mission is to improve health for all through:
- Personalized care embracing best clinical practices
- Innovative interdisciplinary research
- Premier clinical and scientific training
- Creative community partnerships
The goals of this initiative cover four primary areas:
- Organizational development, structure and capability
- Patient-centered care embracing best clinical practices
- Premier clinical and scientific education
- Innovative biomedical research and discovery
Assistant Dean for Strategic Initiatives
College of Medicine
University of Cincinnati
PO Box 210521
Cincinnati, OH 45267-0521
Phone: (513) 558-2639 email@example.com